OHMS™ is software as a service (SaaS) platform that enables the multiple users to login from anywhere and any device and execute healthcare activities in secure way. The vast majority of SaaS solutions are based on a multi-tenant architecture.With this model, a single version of the application, with a single configuration is used for all customers ("tenants"). To support scalability, the application is installed on multiple machines in a horizontally scaled deployment. This is a shared data interoperable system with security boundries specific to different user and roles. The collaboration and inter operation takes place in secure set of machines and data gets replicated or optimized for multiple user's access instead of moving in and out via un-secure network in multiple machines in different premise.
Users or Actors who are part of this system are Physician, Patients, Clinical Labs, Radiologist, Pharmacy, Drug Vendor, Patient Care (Nurse), Hospitals Admin etc. The following figure shows how each and every user is connected to the system and collaborates with each other.
User needs to register first to OHMS™ system and set username and credential. The system in turn generates unique ID called UHID which classifies user records by associating with it. In this system, users like physician, patients, or clinic initiate healthcare activities like creating event, schedule and electronic medical record. As this system is hosted in cloud, user's workspace consisting of records is within the boundary protected by cloud security. The medical records are kept in this protected region under the ownership of given user. The system provides user identity (authentication) based security and role based access control. The system provides features based on certain roles. Every Role has certain permissions on the record objects which are configurable by system administrator. For every record, there is an associated role corresponding to given record id and owner id with given permission set.
User can perform collaborative activities like sharing, referring, updating, deleting, notifying, tracking on Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Actors & Users
- Clinical Labs
- Drug Vendor
- Hospital Helpdesk
- Hospital Admin
- Delivery Case manager
Information Exchange & Collaboration Workflow
Collaboration could be between physician and patient, physician and clinical labs or pharmacy, physician and nurse etc. Each and every actor works on EMR at their stake. For example, patient can view the visit note, diagnosis or prescription record created by owning physician. Similarly, clinical labs can view patient diagnosis record when diagnostic tests mentioned as part of diagnosis record, are requested to that lab. Patient clinical tests and radiological diagnostic images are uploaded so that referring physician and concerned patient can view that and delete whenever done. Physician also notifies the pharmacy by the patient medications record so that pharmacy can collaborate both with physician and concerned patient for the drug availability.
The following case management is the most fundamental multi-actor case management OHMS system supports.
- Users register into the system
- Respective users log into system with username and credential
- Patient finds doctor into the system over internet.
- Patient creates appointment with the required doctor.
- Doctor logs into system and confirms/cancels appointment
- Patient gets notified about this.
- Doctor keeps patient record into the system.
- Doctor sends diagnostic test request to Clinical Labs.
- Clinical Lab logs into the system and checks test request.
- Clinical Lab schedules appointment with patient for sample collection and clinical tests.
- Clinical Lab uploads test results.
- Radiologist uploads image and updates his/her diagnosis (Radiology Information) to the referring doctor.
- Doctor sends prescription to pharmacy.
- Patient collects medicine from the pharmacy.
- Drug vendor publishes drugs to doctors.
- Complete hospital ambulatory, emergency, inpatient care management by hospital helpdesk, admin, nurse and physician in most dynamic and mobile environment.
- Patient diagnosis test collaboration between hospital admin and diagnostic lab user.
- Provider interacts with insurance payer for patient claims adjudication and settlement.
- Drug vendor collaboration with physician and pharmacy for latest drug availability.
- Remote diagnosis over internet among physician and patient.
We provide OHMS application both in private cloud as individual license and public cloud where individual is given subscription based usage. In case of private cloud, the application will be hosted in the customer premise and administration will be handled by them. For application hosted in public cloud, the user will use the application as and when needed based on their yearly subscription. In this case, application and data will be maintained by Healthcare Utility Services Pvt. Ltd. in a secure data center.